Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Keeping my word isn't so bad!

I did it again! Last night I did 4 Fitsugar videos; three ten minute ones and a five minute (to counteract all the warm-ups in the ten minute ones). Yay for that.

I didn't go back to the gym and I want to figure out what's up with that. I used to go to this gym almost every day and then I got fed up I guess. I am typically a solo act (running, hiking, yoga, swimming) and I need to switch up my routine regularly so I don't get bored. These obsessive gym folk are not exactly my cup of tea, it turns out. The other members are rather pushy and I felt guilty if I couldn't make it or if I decided to take a break it was daily texts and FB messages which I am not super fond of.

Obviously, I could just tell these people to back off me a little, but I don't think I'm there yet, confrontation-wise. Also, I have a free gym at my disposal and that makes justifying a monthly gym membership payment difficult. Basically, I can't tell if I'm an ass and should suck it up, go back, and tell everyone my deal or if working out with those types of people just isn't right for me.

Okay, end stupid self-debate and focus on today. What do I want to accomplish today? I want to do C25K week one day two. That's it. If I accomplish that I will officially have a three-fer, as in I kept my word and did what I said I would do three whole times in a row! I realize how sad that sounds, but bear with me!

Actually the most challenging thing for me will be eating for the rest of this week. I have clients in town for a workshop, which means catered lunch every day usually from some place super mega healthy like Chili's or Smokey Bones. It's not that there won't be healthy stuff like salad and the like but I will have to actively pass up the deliciousness that is sliders, ribs, mac and cheese, etc. I have not mastered the 'better food choice' lifestyle yet.

My parents are also in town this weekend so more eating out. I may have to break my one goal a day rule and add a healthy food choice to the rest of the days this week in addition to an activity. I will see what happens to me today at lunch and go from there.  If I shrug it off and eat a decent meal, I'll probably be okay. However, if I go all Cookie Monster on lunch's ass and om nom everything unhealthy in sight, well I may have to reassess.




No comments:

Post a Comment