Monday, July 7, 2014

Starting over (yet again)

I have been struggling with meeting goals for a really long time; one of the main ones is getting my weight under control. Today, I was really feeling it when I had to wear yoga pants as leggings to work because none of my jeans fit :( so I turned to Google. I said, Google, "I need motivation" and Google delivered this article which put a new spin on motivation and led me to start up this here blog.

I have so many goals! Such goals! What's happening is trying to meet all of these goals at once coupled with an unrealistic time frame=bad news bears for any and all goals. This blog basically sums up perfectly how I feel (I don't know where I'd be today without Hyperbole and a Half, honestly).

I keep focusing on the scale number (I heard it's a big no-no but I have trouble really feeling the results without the tangibility of the numbers) but it hasn't worked. I have tried rewards, punishments, and so on (you don't want to read about all my failures) but still: no workie.

 I am overwhelming myself with all the awesome I want to be. SOO, I'm going to start small, I mean minuscule, minute steps because it seems even saying "I want to lose 1 pound this week" is just too much or not the right phrasing or something.

As I'm writing this I remember another article I read about small steps and it's another from zenhabits.net! They are just nailing it for me today! Anyway, I want to start like this:

 "Don’t do all of these. Do one. Or half of one, or one thousandth. It doesn’t matter how small — the smaller, the better."

For today, I want to do Week one, Day one of Couch to 5K after work. That's it! That's all she wrote for today. I don't want to think about my larger goal (half marathon) or the reason behind my larger goal (lose weight) I am just going to do this one thing today. I'm not going to post before pics like I have in the past and I'm not going to even mention any other goals (get out of debt, save money, meditate more, get badass high paying job) I'm just going to do one thing a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment